Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Ruta-what???

NO clue what a Rutabaga is but little man has reached its size!!! Starting to develop more fat so his skin won't be so wrinkly when he makes his appearance and just finishing up his final touches before the big debut!

We have entered the third and last trimester, we are in the home stretch, the last little bit and it is truly unbelievable how fast time has passed. It seems only yesterday I was planning a sneaky way of letting Craig know we had a "bun in the oven"!!!!

This trimester is known for "lack of sleep" and my body is following the book to the T! I'm exhausted when I go to bed and can usually fall asleep fairly fast but then the tossing and turning begins, then sudden insomnia at about 4-430am....I guess its part of the process, hormones and nerves get the best of new moms-to-be...right??? Craig sleeps like a rock which I hope this will change when our little man needs to eat at the wee hours of the night!!! We are not planning to breastfeed due to my heart condition and the side effects of the medicine I have to take, which will actually give me a bit of a break knowing that Craig will be there to support me and lend me a hand.

Bedrest is not going as planned but I'm doing the best that I can with the best that I have. The shop is busy and picking up some steam and since this "bedrest" came sooner than we expected, I've been getting up early and helping my mom, although I have to say she does go behind me every step and makes sure I have a place to sit at all times, take plenty of breaks (sit in the glider and elevate my feet), and drink plenty of water! The abdominal pain and back pain are not going away and they are pretty uncomfortable but knowing that the doctors know about them and that they truly don't last but a few seconds at a time, I've tried really hard to breathe through them and not complain so that I don't freak out!!! I've had a few conversations with the belly and have told Lucas to stay put and enjoy his time in there and not rush out, and I hope he's listening and he's not as stubborn as his dad.........and mom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment