Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 22, 2012

So Blessed!

Today my mom hosted the most beautiful baby shower in honor of Lucas! I spent the evening surrounded by family and friends that celebrated my happiness, answered my "mommy-to-be" questions and encouraged me in moments of anxiety and doubt by reassuring me that Craig and I would be wonderful parents :) It was an amazing afternoon! 

The theme of the shower was "We can BEAR-ly wait", so my mom started by making the invitations using the bear from the bedding that Craig and I picked out for the nursery, then she searched in the attic for my stuffed animals (all my bears), washed them and had them displayed around the house! She also made cards for people to fill out with "Wishes for Baby Lucas", made an espectacular dinner that everyone loved and dessert was my favorite homemade ice cream with little Teddy Grahams climbing up! Too cute!! She also made little "pacifiers" with some ribbon, life saver mints and jelly beans!, surprised me with a HUGE teddy bear for Lucas's room that she purchased with Tere and named him "Mote" (since it was from MOna and TEre!) and at the end of the night surprised me one last time with my great-grandmother's ring as a symbol that I would be "The Best Mom".....yes I cried!

Craig and I feel truly blessed!!! and want to thank everyone from the bottom of our hearts for the support, love and wonderful baby essentials we received....we are ready for our little man :) !!!!!!!!!(almost)!!!!!!!!
Lucas will one day have a great time reading what everyone wrote 
This bear is almost as old as I am! 
More of my bears!!!
Pacifiers!!!, Grandma Manis is SO creative
With Abuelita and soon-to-be great grandmother for the first time!!!
With Abuela and the tias.....missing Isita :(

         With Grandma Pitt (we are still coming up with a name!)


Dessert :)

"Hi Lucas, my name is Mote"





Firefighter Onesie.....my little hero :)


No comments:

Post a Comment