Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 30, 2012

8 Months....really?

8 months already? I can't believe how fast time is going by, I know I've said it before but wow! we are LITERALLY almost there!!!! and I'm truly trying to take it all in and slow down time in my mind so I can cherish every second before the "craziness" begins! Every kick and every pain, I'm loving it!

I know our little man is getting cramped in there as I feel him kick and stretch and hiccuping more often, plus he leaves me short of breath at times and sleeping is getting more and more uncomfortable!!! However, I can honestly say that all the intensifying symptoms are definitely not slowing me down!!!!

At 32 weeks, Lucas continues to grow and he's getting stronger and more and more ready everyday! I feel like we have hit another milestone because if he decides to come as early as now, he would have great chances!!! The weekly email says he is probably in the head-down position by now preparing for the trip down the birth canal, but we will know for sure in 1 week when we get our last ultrasound that will check not only his position, but his growth (since my belly measures a little smaller than it should be), and also the placenta to make sure it has moved up and away from the cervix!....we'll see :)

Today we had our hospital tour. We visited Norfolk General and although Craig and I have been there many times, this trip of course had a special meaning! We got to see from where to park to which elevators to use, to turn by turn directions for the whole birthing cycle! (labor and delivery suites, operating rooms, nursery, recovery rooms, post-partum rooms) We got to meet other couples and the whole experience made it THAT much more real for both of us!.......again, 8 months already??....wow can't believe it!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment