Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 9, 2012

Stress Rising!

As we have reached yet another week and as the countdown to the due date narrows (77 days left!), I've noticed my energy level decreasing as little man gets busier and busier in there!! His kicks and jabs keep getting stronger and more often and every now and then a rhythmic twitch makes me think he has the hiccups!!! I know I've said this before, but it is definitely the best feeling in the world, to feel him move :) As he keeps getting bigger and his "room" smaller, I'm occasionally feeling the effects, for example at night it is getting harder to sleep and the acid reflux has officially began...again!

Today Craig accompanied me to the OB. The nurse took us back and checked the baby's heart rate (which is one of my favorite things!) and today he was at 133bpm....I got a worried look on my face because he has always been in the mid 150's but I held my anxiety until the nurse practitioner walked in. Anna then came in with a medical student who proceeded to measure my belly. He said I was measuring 25 weeks, which needless to say it brought my stress to a whole new level since I'm 29 and 2 weeks ago I was measuring bigger.....can my stomach be getting smaller?? No freaking way!!! I'm eating like a pig, gaining weight steadily and feeling much bigger by the minute! (I thought)....I think Anna saw the look in my face and proceeded to schedule an ultrasound to make sure Lucas is growing appropriately, however the ultrasound is in 4 weeks!!! (I may die of anticipation!). I spoke to her about the heart rate and she told me not to worry, "baby's heart rate should be between 120-170bpm, so 130's is ok!", "but it is so much slower than ever!" I said, she reassured me about 3-4 more times that it was normal. To top things off, at the end of this appointment, Anna mentioned my sugar level had come back "a little high" (keep in mind this test was done A MONTH AGO!!!), I was so surprised, my eyes got big and again I had this puzzled look on my face! She then gave me an order to go to a lab and get the 3 hour sugar test done to check and see if I have gestational diabetes!.............we left the office and when I got to the elevator, I lost it!, I started crying, felt so frustrated!, thank God Craig was there, he hugged me and reassured me that "everything is going to be ok"

No comments:

Post a Comment