Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Breathing Techniques

As big as a cauliflower and with only 90 days to go until our due date, baby Lucas is practicing inhaling and exhaling with his rapidly developing lungs! (it's amniotic fluid and not air but still counts!!!). The weekly email also informed me that his brain is developing fast and is even showing brain activity now!! I cant believe this is the last week of the second trimester, time is flying!!!!

But speaking of breathing techniques, like those my little man is now working on, my instinctive techniques surfaced this week!....I guess after watching tv shows and movies with pregnant women and those in labor, I've learned the techniques of relaxation and way of breathing which has come in handy since that intermittent abdominal pain won't go away completely!! I find myself a few times a day breathing like those women! (deep breath in through the nose, and slow focused controlled breath out through the mouth)

Speaking of those pains, after seeing the OB on Monday, I was put on that dreaded, inevitable bedrest for the next 4 weeks!!!! I knew the day would come, it just came a lot faster than anticipated! Thankfully, she said it didn't need to be "strict bedrest", but that I just needed to take it "super easy", sit a lot, put my feet up, relax, watch movies, read books, to give Lucas the best chances of staying inside my belly until at least 32 weeks!!! I got the feeling that she doesn't think I will make it the whole 40 weeks, so I think the goal is to make it to 32 then pray for an additional 4-6 weeks :)

Today I saw the cardiologist and although he seems content with the progress plus the fact that he said he couldn't increase the dose of the heart medicine anymore even if he wanted to, he also gave me the impression that he doesn't think I will make it to 40 weeks. He agreed with the OB team with the whole bedrest thing, because of the "uterine irritability", plus the fact that my heart rate is up regardless of the medicine and my breathing is getting a little affected (I think little man is running out of room and pushing up against my diaphragm, crowding my lungs and heart!!), so I think I will try to make the best of the next month or so, continue to get his room ready (which I now want to get done ASAP!!) and catching up some good old shows, decent books, and much needed sleep!

Last but not least, can I just say that Ink is the most adorable dog ever??? Tonight while I was watching tv on the couch, Ink came over to me so that I could pet him and I looked at him and asked him "Ink, where is the baby?" so he laid his head on the belly and gave me the cutest look!!!

Amazing, ha?? Love ALL my boys...................................wait, I'm going to be even more outnumbered at home now!!! uh oh!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment