Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Let-tuce Keep Getting Ready!!!

Unbelievable, time is flying!!! Yesterday, baby Lucas and I reached another milestone, 26 weeks down and only 98 days to go until the due date! This week, his eyes are forming and will soon start to open and close to practice blinking, eyelashes are now grown too, he is taking breaths of amniotic fluid to get ready for breathing in the outside world and soaking up my antibodies while preparing his immune system!!!

This past week was a busy one! Craig finished painting the nursery and putting up the blinds and curtains,  which needless to say makes it 100 times more real for both him and I. The shop has kept my mind busy so that I don't go crazy shopping for baby stuff (which I'm dying to go do!) although our registries are done and plans for upcoming baby showers are being finalized! We feel so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends that want to shower us with gifts to get us ready for Lucas's arrival.  

Unfortunately, this week was also a week of sickness. Started with my father-in-law who wasn't feeling well for a few days with a headache, neck stiffness and nausea....he later was admitted to the hospital for viral meningitis!!! After spending a few days at the hospital, he is now thankfully recuperating at home. Craig and I (and Lucas) have not been able to go visit yet!. Before Rick was even discharged from the hospital, I got a phone call from my aunt saying that she had gotten a phone call from my grandmother's nursing home and she wasn't doing well. I headed in that direction and found her sitting in a chair pale, sweating, cool, clammy, and honestly looking a little rough! I insisted we needed to go to the hospital. She was seen and later discharged with dehydration and the stomach flu!!!...needless to say, my aunt, my mom and I were sick the next day :( Finally Sunday night, after coming back from Jessica's baby shower, I was not doing well. I spent hours having severe abdominal pain with waves of nausea. I thought "Holly crap!, no preterm labor please, Lucas is too little!!!, hang in there buddy!!!" Craig and I were extremely worried. We called the doctor on call and he sent us to labor and delivery to get checked out! When we arrived, I was placed on the monitor, vital signs looked ok, Lucas was moving around, his heart rate was strong at 140-155bpm and although the monitor didn't pick up any "labor contractions" (thank God), I was discharged late Sunday with the diagnosis of "Uterine Irritability Secondary to Dehydration". I spent most of Monday doing absolutely nothing but watching tv and drinking fluids!.....it was a scary few hours though, I have to admit!!

No comments:

Post a Comment