Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, March 5, 2012

Sweet Grapefruit!

6 months down and my sweet boy has reached the size of a grapefruit!!! Although to be honest, I feel much bigger than that! I feel like Im carrying a soccer ball already!!! People laugh when I say that :)

It has been a great week! The shop is keeping us busy, we are anxiously waiting for the crib and dresser to arrive and yesterday we picked out the paint color for the baby's room!...It is all coming together...slowly but surely and I couldn't be happier!! My mom has decided to take on a project for the baby and she started making a rug for his room that goes with our "bear" theme. It is time consuming and I don't know where she gets the energy to do it, but it is coming along beautifully!!! She is amazing and I think the idea of being a grandma has her adrenaline pumping!!! She has always been such a wonderful mother and I can't wait to see her in action as Manis! I feel very lucky to have had her example and I know that if I can be, to my son, half the mom she was to me, I think he'll turn out alright :)

This week, our baby is growing steadily, after having gained some weight, according to our weekly email, he must be at a little over a pound!! At almost a foot long, he still has a pretty lean figure at this point but will continue to fill out proportional and will soon plump up!! His brain is growing quickly and his taste buds continue to develop (of course I'm trying to eat lots of good stuff for him to try!). His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, which is a substance that will help air sacs in the lungs inflate once he hits the outside world! His skin is still thin and translucent but its becoming more and more opaque and pink as small capillaries continue to form.

After multiple failed attempts at feeling the baby kick, Craig finally got a couple of high-fives from his son yesterday and I wish I could have captured the moment on video or taken a picture of his face! We were sitting on the couch watching TV and being lazy and I felt the baby move around so I figured I would ask Craig to put his hand on my belly, so he did. After a few minutes, the baby kicked and Craig's eyes got big as he sat up on the couch in amazement! His excitement was palpable, his eyes had the same sparkle of incredible love that I have seen before...two occasions that pop to mind are our wedding day when I was walking down the isle and I couldn't look at anything else but him at the altar, and when we found out the baby was a boy and he felt so proud!!!! Since he was having to go to work shortly after this, I told him to talk to the belly, and what he did, was he recorded a little message to our little man on my phone so that I could play it to the belly on the days that he's not home: "Good night baby, have sweet dreams, and don't kick too much, I want you to rest and relax so in the morning when you wake up, you are full of energy and so your mommy is full of energy too! and then you guys can have a wonderful day. Daddy loves you!".....my heart melts when I think of my little family!

No comments:

Post a Comment