Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

More and more in love every day!

I'm in love!...completely head over heels for my eggplant!!!...and it gets better and better every day that goes by, actually more like every minute that goes by, like when I feel his kicks, organize his room, look at baby items, hear babies giggling in the street, Craig talks to the belly, baby shower plans get up in the air, etc, etc, etc....

According to the weekly email, it is finally starting to "dawn" on me that the baby will be here soon and that I actually have to deliver him...and this is VERY true...and as the doctor put it today "time is flying! you are well beyond the half way point and he will be here in the blink of an eye!"...GULP!!!! This is true, I'm anxious and excited at all the same time, I can't wait to see his face and hold him but at the same time I'm scared about being a mom...my mom reassures me all the time that it is normal to have anxiety and that every first time parent gets it!!! So I keep taking it one day at a time :) This week, our little man is gaining weight, growing more hair and is enjoying his new sense of equilibrium while doing flips in my belly!!!!

As far as pregnancy goes, heart rate seems controlled (although of course I know my limitations), back pain occurs most of the time but I'm doing ok managing it with a heating pad, sleepless nights are often, but I keep thinking that my body is getting used to having to wake up multiple times a night (which I hope, because not hearing the baby cry is one of many fears!), cravings? not really, although I still love a daily cup of coffee and mangos!!!

This past week, Craig and I worked on "Project Nursery"!!! We went to the store and picked the paint colors, the blinds for his room, and Craig put together the crib and changing table!! My role in getting the room ready, included telling Craig where to put things and taping the room for Craig to paint...he was so sweet and so protective! He didn't let me be in the room because of the fumes!!...I think the end result is going to be beautiful!.....stay tuned for the "After" picture!!!
 YAY!!!
Everything pushed to the middle, room taped...we are ready!!! 
Let the work begin!!! 
Even after cutting his paw, Ink is guarding the baby's room!
A few days ago, the girls and I attempted to have a girl's night. We planned take-out dinner at our house and for them to have a glass of wine while we talked, and shared stories, but unfortunately, their hands were full!!! They were unable to leave the babies at home so I had an 8 month old and a 5 month old playing around our floor! I got a bit of a taste of how hectic life will be after little man arrives as they could barely eat and they only took about 2 sips of their wine!! Yesterday, our new neighbors stopped by and I was happy to learn that they are a young couple with two little boys!! Hunter is almost 2 years old and Patrick is 7 months old!! I can't wait to have play dates with everyone!
Always with his hand in his mouth!!! 

Yesterday I saw Dr. Datell and had an ultrasound done to check if my placenta had moved since last time it was too close to my cervix!!! I had been looking forward to this day for a long time because I love seeing my little man's face on the screen and get new pictures!!! Unfortunately Craig wasn't able to make this appointment because of work. I made it there and had the ultrasound and everything looked just the way it was supposed to :) Our little man is growing well, weighing 1lb 13oz, placenta has moved a little bit and doctor is happy to see the progress!, I do have to go back in 2 weeks for another check up! I also had some blood drawn to check for gestational diabetes and now we just wait for results

No comments:

Post a Comment