Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Once a Poppyseed, now a Honeydew!

FROM    TO  


What an incredible journey!, another week goes by and now we are only 23 days away from welcoming Lucas into this world! Once in my dreams, then the size of a little tiny poppyseed, now the size of a honeydew, our little man could breathe on his own if he was born right now!

As he is getting into position down in my pelvis, he is also sitting comfortably on my bladder! This kid is making me pee about a million times a day...and night!!!! But he will be off my bladder and in my arms in no time and that image keeps me going!

Today I saw the OB for our weekly appointment and things didn't really go as I hoped. The truth is that the last 3 days have been a little rough! The discomfort and pain that I haven't felt in 9 months of pregnancy, I'm suddenly experiencing...the back pain, the cramping, some nausea, pressure, and even crazy itching in my arms, legs and chest!

Anna, the nurse practitioner, walked into the room today and right after her usual "hello my sweet girl", she paused and said "you are not looking very good today!" and indeed, I wasn't! My blood pressure was a bit high, my heart rate was 130 and I gained 3.5 pounds in 1 week so I think preeclampsia crossed her mind! She said fortunately my urine was negative (no protein) so that's a good sign but I have to start "resting" again! She suggested I drink "much more" water and lay down because kidneys function better that way! I also have to keep an eye on the itching because it can mean that the baby is pushing on my gallbladder and blocking or putting pressure on my bile duct, which could turn into a complication! I have to watch my weight, my blood pressure and of course call immediately for any concerns!!! Needless to say when I got back to the shop and saw my mom, as soon as she asked "how did it go?', I lost it and cried :(

On a brighter note, this past week I continued working on getting things ready! Lucas's room is almost done, laundry was done, folded, hung and the older clothes put away, swing was built, car seat installed, stroller put together, and my mom and I started putting the last touches on the mural/growth chart that will brighten his room!....we also got some pictures taken and we can't wait to see them, so stay tuned for hopefully some good shots!!!
His table with his books and piggy bank!!!
Crib is made and ready for night night!
Swing is set in the living room and
 ready to soothe our little man!!
Carseat installed....check!
Zebra is ready to go! 
I can see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment