Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 21, 2012

I'm going coco-NUTS!!!!!

Today turned out to be a pretty wonderful day!!!! Even though it started with a doctor's appointment this morning where I learned I have gained a total of 25 pounds since the beginning of this pregnancy (which sounds crazy to me!), the highlight of the day/month/year was that we got to schedule the BIG day!!!!

Our little Lucas will make his debut June 21st, 2012 at 10:30a.m.

Although I really thought that it would be a couple of days sooner (we had originally thought of the 18th), the nurse practitioner explained to me that since it was written on my chart that my original due date is June 27th, doing it any sooner than the 20th would be grounds for liability for the doctors...I guess I can see how people could sue the practice for doing something "sooner" than they should have....I tried to talk to her and tell her that from the very beginning it was written wrong and never changed but I guess it was the official document so there was no argument!!!! No matter what, the real countdown now begins....31 days until my little stinky booty is in my arms!!!!!

At today's appointment, Lucas's heart was beating strong and beautifully at 147 beats per minute and I have to admit that hearing the drumming of that tiny heart is always magical! I look forward to the appointments just to hear that "thump, thump, thump"...It truly solidifies the bond and oneness I share with this little one!!

As far as baby this week, it is all a matter of continuing to add that adorable baby fat as he gets ready to make his entrance! He will continue gaining about half a pound a week until delivery and the stem cells in his bone marrow will continue making red blood cells, white blood cells and platelets to maintain his immune system.

No comments:

Post a Comment