Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, June 8, 2012

Almost There...



How far along am I? WOW! 37 weeks (plus a couple of days) and LOVING IT (tired and ready to meet Lucas, but HAPPY!!!)
Total weight gain? well....I lost 1/2lb this week and the doctor seemed ok with that!
Sleep? What is that?? No clue!!! Not getting much shut eye these days. I think the combination of back pain, reflux, BIG belly and a bit of anxiety has got me tossing and turning all night! The doctor keeps reassuring me that it is normal as my body gets ready to wake up every few hours with Lucas and that "as a mom, you'll never sleep again!!"...my mom agrees :) I am however lucky enough to have the support I need to come home and take a nap every day in the middle of the afternoon!!!
How am I feeling? I'm feeling ok, just tired and overly excited which helps tolerate the discomfort in my lower back and the cramping and pressure that I feel every now and then (more often than not!)  
Best moments this week?  This week has been amazing! My mom helped put a few more things together in Lucas's room and she even finished the rug she has worked so hard on for the past few months!
The growth chart/mural we are painting together!

Finally DONE!!!!
Also this past Tuesday, the girls from the hospital and I got together for lunch to celebrate Tyffani's pregnancy (yes, she is expecting a boy also!!!!) in what we called a "baby sprinkle" and had a blast telling stories, comparing symptoms and even comparing our walks (more like our "waddles!!). At 2pm, Traci insisted it was time to go and that I needed to follow her as she surprised me with the amazing invitation to get a pedicure!!!! (or as I like to think of it: "a much deserved mommy-to-be pampering session!!!"). Of course I wanted to so something a little different and instead of picking a bright, summery nail polish color, I picked blue and asked the girl to write "Boy!!" on my big toes as my excitement gets more and more intense.

The next day, my mom insisted we go get our nails done, and I just went with the flow....another pampering session?, of course I gave in!!!! For the manicure I went a little more traditional and had the French done!.....next stop will be a haircut and then I will be ready for baby-delivering time :)

To end the week on a wonderful note, our chair/glider for the nursery arrived and I LOVE it!!! the color, the fabric and the comfort is amazing!...now the nursery is ALMOST complete!


Movement? It is amazing to feel him move and kick the way he does (he is truly a soccer player like daddy already!!!) and my favorite part are the hiccups!!!! I think I'm really going to miss that!
Belly Button? About the same as its been, it is pretty flat and even with the rest of the round belly!
Food cravings? Nothing really except for I admit plain M&Ms have become a bit of an obsession! I'm suddenly in love with them and get them every chance I get!
What am I looking forward to? I'm looking forward to the end....I can't believe the we are down to less than 2 weeks! I think I have reached that point where I'm pretty much done and over being pregnant and I'm ready to start this new chapter of my life with my little family!
Baby milestones?  This week we have officially reached "Full Term" status, although I don't think he is as ready to come out as I am for him to come out!!!! Lucas is comfy, gaining weight steadily, and with all of his crucial functions developed, he is just hanging out getting healthier and healthier as he prepares for his grand entrance :)

No comments:

Post a Comment