Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

BOOM!!!

Last week Craig and I went to a doctor's appointment, just to do a quick check up! We started thinking about how much we wanted to meet the attendings from our practice so that we can pick our favorite and hopefully schedule delivery with them, but we were expecting just a quick routine visit!. It always starts with the weight!. I thought "for sure, I've gained at least 5 pounds" since my belly is poking out and getting rounder, but to my great surprise I had actually lost 4 pounds. I went into the room to tell Craig and a little fear came over me....shortly after, a very upbeat woman in a white coat entered the room and introduced herself. Finally one of the attendings!!!! Dr. Datell was wonderful. She shared stories with us, laughed with us and even did a quick ultrasound and said "everything looks amazing, baby is growing just like it should!!!" With a huge smile in my face, I asked her if I needed to be concerned with my weight but she said "no, you are not spilling protein in your urine, therefore, you are getting all the nutrients that you and baby need". With peace of mind, Craig and I left the office feeling amazing!!!

The rest of the week went great, and on monday vacation ended and we reached 15 weeks!!!! Baby is the size of an orange, moving joints and limbs, practicing breathing movements and probably having the hiccups (which I can't feel yet, but soon enough). The increased in blood volume has definitely made it a bit harder for my heart medicine to keep up! But we see the cardiologist in a few weeks and the OB didn't seem too concern at this point.

The last 2 days or so, I've felt like "BOOM", all of a sudden I blew up!!! Like I said before, the belly is definitely out there!! I feel beautiful though and just knowing what's happening makes me look forward to this whole process!!!!.....plus don't tell Craig but I had a dream last night that it was a girl....again!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment