Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 9, 2012

Loving my little Guacamole!!!!

With the belly growing, I'm feeling more and more like a mommy-to-be and my anxiety level is through the roof....I'm so happy I don't think I can find words to describe this emotion!!! The email today explained how our baby has grown to be the size of an avocado. Baby is growing taste buds, eyelashes, eyebrows and hair and the email even gave me a heads up on the "fluttering" or movement that I should start feeling soon...and I can't wait!!!!
A very important development is that the baby is starting to hear voices, so starting tonight and every night from now on, Craig and I are reading a story to the belly and playing the music from our little giraffe that grandma Manis gave us as a gift. We gifted a giraffe like this one to our friends Ciara and Dustin when they were pregnant and now that their baby girl is 6 months old, Ciara says that the music helps soothe her when she's crying and we like to think is because she played it over and over again while pregnant!....we'll see if our little one responds the same way :)

This past week has been pretty good....actually, my pregnancy has been pretty good!! I feel pretty lucky and blessed that my pregnancy has been uneventful and an amazing experience. My back is starting to bother me a little and the heart thing seems to be going a little crazy at times, but one more week and we see the cardiologist!!! My belly now seems to be growing by the minute! (or at least that's how I feel.) It's funny to think that a few weeks ago, I was having issues with weight, and now (although I refuse to get on the scale at home), I feel like I've gained all the weight I was supposed to plus a few extra pounds, just in case!....next week I will face the fear of getting on that scale at the doctor's office and we'll see...!!!
The view from our hotel room!

I spent the last 4 days in New Smyrna Beach, Florida. Craig was working 72 hours straight and my cousin Eduardo and his new wife Mira were having a wedding celebration on saturday, so the last possible minute  on Thursday night I decided (with the help of my mom and aunt Tere) to go and have fun!. The weather was beautiful and the best part was that after 2+ years some cousins (and their loved ones) reunited!!! We had a blast, had time to catch up, had great food, stayed up late, played drinking games (not me!), danced all night and watched football!!!
Asa, Camilo, Daniela, Guseppi, Me (and belly), Mira and Eduardo!

No comments:

Post a Comment