Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, January 30, 2012

Anticipation is killing me!!!!

Finally we have reached 19 weeks and hopefully the half-way point!!! This week couldn't get here fast enough!, tomorrow is the big day when we find out if Baby Pitt is a boy or a girl and we are so thrilled and anxious to hear the news!!!!! This week, baby is working on the five senses, nerve cells for hearing, taste, touch, and smell are developing in the brain. Also a protective coating over the skin is forming to help protect the baby from amniotic fluid.

As far as pregnancy symptoms go, I feel pretty good and I know I've said it a million times, but I thank my lucky stars that this pregnancy has been fairly easy. My heart seems better controlled with the increased dose of medication although certain simple things are very hard to do! Back pain seems to be getting a little worse but I try to stretch a few times a day at least and I think it helps. As far as cravings, I haven't craved anything specific, but I continue to have my daily mango and a daily cup of coffee!

Life truly couldn't be better. Craig and I visited Babies R Us the other day and started seriously looking at baby things we want and will need in the near future and had a wonderful time! It was cute to see him take pictures of the different items and then research the safety and recommendations from other parents. While I was looking at practicality and cuteness, he was focused on functionality and safety.....we really complement each other well, ha?

Tomorrow is the BIG day before the BIGGEST day (delivery of course) and we have planned a fun way of telling our family the sex of the baby. Our appointment is at 10:45 in the morning and everyone is invited to our house at 7:30pm for dessert.  I went to the store and got a few things to decorate around the living room both pink and blue to throw everyone off until we finally debut a movie trailer I've been working on that gives it away at the end!.....I better get to bed so tomorrow can come....good night!

1 comment:

  1. Please, please, please, video tape this while thing!!! I can't wait to see, and a movie trailer??!?!!! Wow!!! I want to be there!

    ReplyDelete