Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Craig owes me BIG time!!!!

This past monday marked our 17th week and now that the belly is poking a little farther, everything is becoming more and more real. This week, the baby is working on getting stronger and getting bigger!!! Cartilage is growing into bone and baby is starting to fatten up :)

In general, this has been a busy week. Business is booming thanks to livingsocial.com that featured our shop and offered a wonderful deal for a dozen cupcakes. Also we have a raffle going on to win a dozen free cupcakes for those who guess the 2 teams that will make it to the Super Bowl this year, so that has brought a lot of new people in!!!

Craig spent this past weekend in DC at a conference so unfortunately he couldn't take off this past tuesday for a doctor's appointment (which I wasn't too worried about, since I figured it would be a quick in and out appointment to check my weight)...and I was partially right!!. My mom ended up going with me, which was great since she got to hear the baby's heart beat for the first time!!! Strong at 155 beats per minute!!!! then she got to meet Dr. Dattel.  The doctor came in and told me that I had gained 2 pounds which almost brings me back to my pre-pregnancy weight, so I was happy and the doctor seemed happy as well, nonetheless she wanted to check the baby! I love quick ultrasounds, which although they are SUPER fast, it gives me (and this time my mom) a chance to see our little peanut!. As she was moving the doppler over my belly, she asked "If I can see the sex of the baby, do you want me to tell you?" I took a deep breath in, looked at my mom (her eyes were WIDE open and she had a HUGE smile on her face) but I said "no, not yet, my husband couldn't be here! But we will be back in 2 weeks to find out"....UUUUGGHHHH!!!! I'm dying to know!!!!!! so I called Craig the second that I left that office and said "You owe me HUGE!!!!", he laughed but I think he appreciated my ability to control my emotions!!!! Now we are eagerly waiting for January 31st to get the news and make the announcement to everyone!!

After seeing the OB, I headed to Norfolk to see the cardiologist.  When I made it to his office, there was no parking. I drove around for a few with no luck and had to park across the street. With all that walking, I felt like I barely made it to the desk upstairs. I couldn't talk, I was so out of breath that all I could think about was "please don't let me pass out, I don't want to go to this emergency room!!" The nurses made me sit down and after about 15 minutes, I was called up. This nurse (who I didn't know), was like "you dont look so good" as she walked me to the room. She then proceeded to place the pulse oximeter in my finger and my heart was racing at 161 beats per minute and I was exhausted, dizzy and really fatigued!!! She didn't seem to pay too much attention to it and began asking me questions about my daily medicines and got my blood pressure. Since I was sitting while this was happening, I was starting to feel a little better, so by the time she looked, my heart rate was down to 132. She had a concerning look on her face so she told me she wanted to do an EKG. She hooked me up and while she put my information in, my heart rate was down to 106 and I was feeling back to normal!!! The doctor of course came in and said that I looked "great" but wanted to increase my medication and would see me again in 4 weeks. He mentioned the possibility of "modified bedrest" in my near future and possibly having to add another medication although "the longer we wait, the safer it is", which this phrase sent chills down my spine. I went home frustrated, hoping and praying that the baby is under no distress when I'm in distress....only time will tell.....and prayers are heading up every minute of every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment