Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Love At First Sight

December 6th, a day that I will never forget! 6 weeks ago, Craig and I started a countdown to the day when we would see our baby on the screen for the first time, and honestly today couldn't get here fast enough!!! I woke up this morning and went to the shop. I spent a couple of hours making cupcakes and decorating them until Craig got there to pick me up.  I think we were both a little anxious heading to the doctor's office but our excitement was definitely palpable. While waiting in the waiting room, I couldn't help but look around at all these pregnant women with their big bellies and think about my little bump that right now looks more like a beer gut than anything else!!! I kept thinking will this baby be a boy or a girl???. 

A lady sitting across the room from us was almost 9 months pregnant, mentioned she couldn't wait to have this "9lb. baby" and at the same time, was taking care of her other son, 14 month old Elijah. This little boy was amazing!, he was so funny, so sweet and had the most beautiful blue eyes. He kept walking towards us, putting his arms out, always smiling, and even wanted to share his Oreo with us. Craig's eyes lit up just watching this little boy and my heart  smiled at the thought of us becoming parents soon! 

Baby Pitt is the size of a lime already! Almost 2 inches long and looking more and more like a baby everyday! Tooth buds, hair follicles and nail beds continue forming! Skin is still pretty translucent but the baby is swimming gracefully even though is a bit too early for me to feel it yet!                                                        We went into the room and the nurse instructed us to take relax and enjoy the view....and what a view!!! Definitely love at first sight. Our baby looked beautiful. The nurse started clicking her machine and saving pictures for us to bring home. She caught a good picture of the arm and the leg (soccer leg, of course!) and my favorite picture of our baby almost sucking its thumb! "Everything looks great!" the nurse said with a big smile and then Anna, the nurse practitioner, reassured us.  The only change is that I need to "Eat More!!!" she said because I have barely gained a pound!! Now, we will have fun sharing these pictures and start a countdown to our ultrasound on January 31st, when we will learn the sex of the baby!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. So so happy for you two and for all of us who will again have a baby in the family! God bless this baby...... And keep you strong

    ReplyDelete