Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 26, 2011

Baby Bump's First Christmas!

A peach....I just cant believe it!!! We have made it to the last week of the first trimester!!! The baby is forming vocal cords in preparation for those giggles and pitiful cries, teeth for those upcoming sleepless nights and high fevers, and amazingly enough, the baby now has fingerprints!!

I've been looking forward to this week almost from the very beginning! I just knew that the baby would be this big (or small) during Christmas and I knew our families would make the baby a part of the celebrations...My mom definitely included "Baby" in her stockings this year!!! So cute!! The week started with the family going to celebrate Christmas with abuelita at her home, with a wonderful dinner and a live band made of a group of volunteers. My mom and Tato made it worth it!! They danced the evening away doing salsa and merengue moves to Christmas carols...hilarious!!! but people were cheering them on and clapping as if they were part of the show!!! Everything was beautiful and very festive and I think Abuelita had a blast!!! 
The rest of the week was extremely busy!! We decorated our cupcakes with Christmas sprinkles  all week and people loved them!!! Because of that, we got a ton of orders! Needless to say, Christmas shopping was left for LAST (and I mean LAST) minute!!!! On the night of the 23rd, I was running around town with my mom and aunts looking for our last minute gifts and of course traffic was insane and the mall was madness!!! The best surprise was for Isa, Shawn and the girls coming down from Memphis to spend the holidays with all of us!!! I still can't believe how BIG Sophia has gotten!!!!

Craig worked for 36 hours straight at the fire department and then another 8 hours the night of  Christmas Eve so he didn't get to spend it with us. I spent the evening at the Doreste's house surrounded by family and friends having a delicious dinner and opening gifts from under the imaginary tree (there was no tree, so we had the gifts sitting on the floor in a corner of the living room!) For dinner, Uncle Mario made black beans, pork, rice and my mom and Negra fried yuca...sooooo good!!!!!! The kids had a blast!...actually we all did!!! I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family, everyone thought of the baby and he/she even got some gifts!!!! Right away I took pictures and sent them to Craig (who was at the hospital working) to make him feel included and to feel as excited about it as I was :) 


Loving our new owl!!
Wooohooo!!! Big box of wipes!!!!
My mom made this shirt for me!!! Best gift EVER!!!

...then it was Christmas morning and it was truly a beautiful day. Starting with the weather, it was sunny and low 60s as we headed to Craig's parents at about 830am. We always do Christmas breakfast with them and Craig's brother and wife and then my in-laws and us head to my parents for brunch!! 
The day went great and we were showered with gifts for ourselves as well as more toys and diapers for baby. It is amazing to imagine that this time next year, we will have a 6 month old enjoying the holidays and having fun with Christmas lights and sitting on Santa's lap.....I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment