Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 22, 2011

NEWS! NEWS! NEWS!

Craig didn't want to make the news too public with the fear that something could go wrong, but I wanted to scream it to the world at the top of my lungs!! 

Today I got up early to go into the shop and get things ready with my mom before heading to “Alzheimer’s Walk to Find a Cure” in support of Abuelita. The cause is amazing and the idea was for every person to get a flower of whatever color corresponded to their personal story. After introductions and some singing, everyone would give the flower to a volunteer prior to starting their walk and after crossing the finish line, everyone would see a "garden" of flowers planted among banners of hope, care and encouragement!! 
With the excuse of my leg and heart, I couldn’t walk the 1-3 miles so Craig and I waited for the others in a bench. My mom and Allen were the first ones back and as they hugged us, Allen said “if we can’t tell, how are you going to know how truly excited we are?” and that did it for me!. I turned to Craig and begged him if I could tell my family, with a big smile, he agreed and I winked to my mom who ran to the other side of the park and told my uncle Tato, his girlfriend Judy and my cousin Eduardo. We heard a joyous scream and as I looked up, all three of them plus my mom were running in our direction to congratulate us.  Judy gave me a big hug and called me "Little Mama" and I almost bursted into tears! "I am a little mama", I thought and I'm loving every minute of it!!!

When we got back to the shop, I felt that I couldn’t call my family fast enough. Everyone was so excited to get the news and wished us the best. I can’t stop smiling, I feel so lucky and so blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment