Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, October 21, 2011

Little Pitt's Onesies

Today started like any other friday at the cupcake shop, but today I was tired, I felt fatigued, and for some odd reason I was thirsty therefore peeing A LOT!!!! At almost closing time, it occurred to me “could it be?”. After what seemed like 5 frustrating months of “trying and failing”, I told myself, “if this month is not our lucky month, Im done trying for a bit, I will focus on the shop, myself, my marriage, my house, etc etc etc” but when I got home and took that test that reveled 2 lines, I was in shock!!!! I realized I was home alone and although I wanted to scream, I couldn't, so I ran to our dog Ink and hugged him pretty tight and he was the first one to officially hear the news!!!! I ran out to the store to find a cute way of telling the daddy-to-be!!! In my search, I found 3 unique onesies that I decided would be perfect to use to deliver the news.  I got home, still in shock, and decided to give another test a try just to make sure. This one was digital, so I couldn't doubt it when the word “Pregnant” flashed on the screen. 
Craig was coming home shortly so I folded a red firefighter “Little Hero” newborn onesie and wrapped it in a silver box and put it on top of his pillow. When Craig got home from work, he went upstairs to change so that we could join my family for dinner. I ran after him pretending I needed to get a sweater and when we got to our room, I stayed by the door. He was surprised to see the box and asked “is this for me?” I said “oh yeah it is!!”, he opened it and carefully pulled out the onesie and smiled, “this is really cute”, then he paused, and turned confused. My smile was from ear to ear and I said “Surprise, I’m pregnant!!”, his eyes got big and with tears in our eyes we hugged in disbelief. We hugged tightly and hung on to each other as we felt our lives shifting gears. We could hardly contain the excitement but went to dinner with the planned excuse to leave early so that we could swing by my parents to get a package that we knew had arrived today. 
Craig ordered 2 margaritas, and along with my water, we cheered quietly. When we got back in the car, I wrapped a new onesie that said “Brand New” in the same silver box. When we got to my parents, we walked in and proceeded to see if Allen could come downstairs to ask him about a “problem with the car”. When he came downstairs, we quickly gave my mom the box to open pretending that it was a “I'm so happy we are cupcake partners” gift. She was in shock when she pulled out the onesie and with a big smile she turned to us. “We are pregnant!” I screamed. Tears filled her eyes and unable to let go of the hugs, she kept saying “are you serious?, Im going to be a grandma? Manis?” Allen was in a bit of shock and with little words he hugged us. Concerned with my health, he asked “are you going to be ok?” and I said “I sure hope so!”. 
We quickly left that house to move onto the next. I brought the same silver box and while in the car I wrapped one last onesie. This one said “Emergency Room Personnel” and with a picture of a stethoscope it resembled our work scrubs. We arrived to my in-laws and while discussing the football game, we handed over the box. They thought it was a cupcake!!  As soon as Adrienne pulled out the onesie, she smiled and looked at us slightly confused. Unable to contain myself I screamed it again “We are pregnant!!!!” and they both greeted us with hugs and tears of joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment