Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Can we say "HORMONES"???

So the last couple of days, I've tried to keep my mind busy, exercising (walking) as much as possible, eating healthy, no caffeine although sometimes 1 cup of coffee a day and things are truly going great! Knock on wood, no morning sickness, no mood swings, no cravings, no different than 3 months ago when I wasn't pregnant!! However, multiple times in the past few days, I've heard songs like "Anything like me" by Brad Paisley and "My little girl" by Tim McGraw and I've cried every time!!!. These songs are about having a child and how fast they grow.  Lines like "I started wondering who he was going to be, Heaven help us if he's anything like me" or "I remember you looked like an angel, wrapped in pink so soft and warm, you've had me wrapped around your finger since the day you were born" made me think of how amazing this journey is truly going to be. Every day I thank God for giving us the chance to be the best parents we can be and to learn what unconditional love is all about.

My cousin Eduardo and his fiance Mira have been staying with us for a few days. Every time they are in town, I feel like I learn something new. Last time (a few months ago) I learned to meditate, and do so every once in a while, and also using Sage to cleanse the house and feel more at harmony with earth, which I also have done a few times! This time, Mira showed me something amazing and incredible and even much more logical now that Im pregnant.....Juicing!! She goes grocery shopping then comes home and makes herself a juice almost daily full of vitamins and minerals. My first experience was during her birthday celebration here at our house this past thursday. While the family was drinking wine and beer, she made me a green "thing". I happily drank it, thinking of all the good nutrients I was passing on to "little Pitt".  Yummy to the blend of cucumbers, celery, green apple, ginger, kale, pear, and romaine lettuce!!!

The next day, I woke up early to go to the shop and drank another glass of this juice. It made me feel great all day, energized, focused and just plain happy! With little to no time to decorate the house for halloween this year, Craig asked me to please buy a pumpkin to put on our front steps, and I figured I would surprise him with "our little family" of pumpkins. I went to the pumpkin patch near our house and picked out one big, one medium and one small and put them on the steps so he could see them when he came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment