Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Our First 2 Weeks!

What an adventure this new life has been..and worth every second! Every day there is something new to smile about, whether it's a new face or a new sound or a new gesture, this boy has me (and daddy and the rest of the family) in love! 


Heading home from the hospital
In the carseat for the first time....he looks tiny!!
Mommy love
I spend most of my days staring at my little man's face with a huge smile on mine and holding him in my arms as often as I can and kissing him all over!! I can't remember my life without him. He has brought a whole new meaning to living and I truly love him more and more every day. The only thing I like better than spending time with Lucas is watching Craig interact with him. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I thought I knew how much I loved Craig, but seeing him talking, holding, reading and dancing with our son brings that love to a whole new level. 

During these two weeks Craig and I have worked on adjusting to our new role. Lucas sleeps a lot during the day and likes to eat every 3-4 hours and because I'm not breastfeeding, Craig enjoys taking turns feeding him, especially at night! So far he has had 2 sponge baths and we are anxiously waiting for his belly button to fall off so he can have a real one! We have also visited Dr. Blanchard (the pediatrician) twice already and Lucas is growing up wonderfully!, our next appointment is scheduled for when he is one month old for his first set of shots. Lastly, we had our professional photo shoot at Picture People at the mall when Lucas was 1 week old and the pictures turned out beautiful! Here are the best shots:
...and last but not least, we celebrated Lucas's first 4th of July with fireworks and family time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment